Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sprague Lake Morning

To receive more information about this painting click here.

Mark Rittorno, Carole Gray Weihman and I painted together for much of the Estes Park Plein Air event. This was painted on the first morning at Sprague Lake in the Rocky Mountain National Forest. I headed east around the lake and stopped on a little bridge overlooking the lake with this marsh in the foreground. There was something about the deep values in the foreground water that transitioned into the lighter colors towards the horizon along with the distant mountain that made me want to paint this scene. Later in the week I painted from the distant shore looking back over my shoulder at Tyndall Gorge. Check back in a few days to see that painting!

To see more of my Estes Park Plein Air paintings and other landscapes visit my web site; Alfredo Tofanelli Fine Art.

No comments: