Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Calm Waters in Endo Valley

This was painted in the Endo Valley a few hundred yards up from the other river painting. As I was walking around this area trying to find the best place to set up I discovered a piece of rebar sticking straight up about a foot near this bush. I couldn't figure out why it was there out in the middle of this beautiful valley. I started painting and about a half hour later I saw these two guys who I thought were fisherman trouncing around through the bushes. When they got closer I realized that they had no fishing rods and asked them what they were up to. They said they were looking for markers left in the 80s. As I went back to painting, I turned back to them and asked "what kind of markers..." They said "rebar"! I saved them a bunch of work, well, that was one of 3 or 4 that they were looking to remove. I felt like that was a good sign for the day; now back to painting...

To see more of my Estes Park Plein Air paintings and other landscapes and mountain scenes visit my web site; Alfredo Tofanelli Fine Art.

No comments: