Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rain Girl - SOLD

To receive more information about this painting click here.

It was storming pretty hard the first day that I painted for the Capitol Plein Air in Sacramento. I decided to go over to my brother's house and set up under the carport to get some shelter and to paint his front yard. This is the house that I grew up in. I was ten feet away from the edge of the carport roof and still was getting soaked. My niece came home from school and stood where you see her in the painting which was about 6 feet in under the carport. I knew right away that I should paint her there with the rain soaked driveway. She was a trooper and got soaked but never complained. She only posed for a half hour or so and then I finished it without her. It was a lot of fun to paint my niece in her over-sized raincoat in the pouring rain and visit with my nieces, nephew, sister-in-law and brother.

To see more of my Capitol Plein Air paintings painted in the Sacramento area please visit my web site; Alfredo Tofanelli Fine Art.

1 comment:

Gerald de Dios said...

That's a really great painting and I'm glad I got to see it in person before it sold, Contrats!