Sunday, June 15, 2008

Light Play

To receive more information about this painting click here.

The marine layer was thick in the morning; as it is most mornings this time of year. This allowed for some nice atmosphere in the painting. I chose to start this piece with a palette knife because the mist was burning off quickly and I wanted to get my color notes down before it did. I ended up using only palette knife for this piece. Hope you like it!


Note: This painting received Best of Show at the Napa Valley Museum's Biennial Plein Air Exhibit earning me a One Man Show at the museum next spring. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Austin Maloney said...

WOW! You do great work. I love your style. I would love to do a link exchange if your interested.

My blog:

http://austinmaloney.blogspot.com/

My email:

amaloneyart@gmail.com