Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sally's Bougainvillea - Sold


There are some great houses in Alameda so I decided to try an find one to paint. I found Sally's house by driving around until something caught my eye. I loved how the colors worked in this scene. I noticed someone working in the garden and hoped they wouldn't mind if I painted there. After a while Sally came over and introduced herself and asked what I was doing. I said "I love your garden so I'm paintng your house". She seemed to like the idea and came over several more times to watch the progress. Several of the neighbors came by and were very nice. One of the little boys came and gave me a sketch he had made after he saw me painting. I still have it on my wall. Sally arrived bright and early on the day of the sale and purchased the painting. I hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed painting it.

No comments: